Effective December 2020:
Our office is NOW OFFERING COVID testing. Please call to schedule an appointment before arriving.
Beginning Monday, March 16th, 2020:
- We will see previously scheduled Well Child Visits in the morning and schedule sick visits for the afternoon. We are doing this to limit infection risks.
- Please contact our office if your child is sick so we can determine if your child needs to be seen. Some issues may be able to be handled over the phone or through telemedicine provided by our office.
- We are making efforts to clean more frequently. We have also removed all magazines temporarily. We will also allow families to stay in the car if there is not a room available at the time of their appointment.
- We are doing our best to stay updated on all current recommendations and will change how we take care of patients accordingly. Please be patient as we try to take care of your children as well as keep them safe.
- If you are interested in a telemedicine visit, contact our office at (205) 978-8245. There may be a co-pay associated with your telemedicine visit.
If you have an upcoming appointment with us please be aware that you should do the following:
- If you are new to our practice or coming in for an annual well-child check, please go to the forms section and print/complete all applicable forms and bring them with you.
- When you arrive, please remain in your car, call us at (205) 978-8245 so that we can provide further instructions.
- We are limiting admission to our waiting room and ask that one parent accompany the child to their visit.
- Temperatures will be taken prior to entry.
- We certainly appreciate your understanding during this unprecedented time.
Please remember to continue frequent hand washing and social distancing!
Please contact our office at (205) 978-8245 for any questions or concerns.
After nearly forty years in practice, Dr. Israel is hanging up her stethoscope.
To My Patients and Parents:
As hard as it was for me to do this, I have decided to retire from the practice of pediatrics effective November 1, 2020. I have struggled with writing this letter and with the decision itself, but the time has come.
It has been my privilege and honor to have cared for your children for almost forty years (I can’t believe it when I see it in print!). To be considered a part of your families, however small, and a trusted source of knowledge and help in times of sickness and distress has brought me an enormous sense of fulfillment. I have always been amazed, and enormously flattered, when former patients have brought their children to me for the same care they received. As much as I would love to stay to raise my second – and almost third – generations, I really don’t want to be the one in diapers by the time we’re done!
I will miss my fellow doctors and the fantastic staff at Acton Road Pediatrics. They have made these years professionally rewarding and really fun. I am so proud of everyone here at ARP, and I hope you will choose to remain here as patients after I have retired. I have complete faith in the office I am leaving behind, including our new physician, Dr. Lisa Frees. I hope you will all welcome her to Acton Road Pediatrics. If you elect to transfer to another office upon my departure, you will need to fill out a “Release of Records” authorization form in order to have your child’s (children’s) records transferred. You may contact our front office at 205-978-8245 and they will assist you in obtaining these forms.
Perhaps as the remaining doctors experience maternity leaves, illness or family commitments, my former partners will “take me out and dust me off” for some fill-in work. If so, I will be thrilled to see some of you.
I wish you all good health and happiness, and I hope to keep hearing about you and your lives from ARP staff and doctors. I will really, truly miss you all very much!
Fondly and with heartfelt thanks,
Dr. Israel (Lillian)